Skip to content
Dietary guideline for obesity
- A nutritionally adequate diet should be consumed through a wise choice from a variety of foods.
- Additional food and extra care are required during pregnancy and location.
- Food supplements should be introduced to infants by 4-6 months.
- Children and adolescents both in health and disease should take the adequate and appropriate diet.
- Green leafy vegetables, other vegetables, and fruit should be used in plenty.
- Cooking oils and animal food should be used in moderate and vanaspati/ghee/butter should be used only sparingly. Overeating should be avoided to prevent overweight and obesity.
- Salt should be used in moderation.
- Foods consumed should be safe and clean.
- Healthy and positive food concept and cooking practices should be adopted.
- Water should be taken in adequate amount. Beverages should be consumed in moderation.